Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roadblocks to Blogging

HELLLLOOOOO!!!

Somehow, I knew life with three toddlers (nearly 1 and 1/2 now) and an almost-kindergartener would be busy, but really, I had no flipping idea of how busy it would get once mobility set in. Insanity! Chaos! Overwhelming Activity! These are the headlines that fly through my mind while I try to figure out how to adequately catch you up.

I have come to the conclusion that since I am not going to write a retrospective summary of what life has been like, we should just jump right into it. I am hoping to be able to blog more regularly as the boys become more manageable, but in order to do that, I should address some of the Blogging Roadblocks I have identified that get in the way:

1. TIME. Could I please have three extra hours in each day? I need the children to either be sleeping or playing independently though. Thanks! Seriously, between child-caring-for, preschool shuttling, cooking, cleaning, organizing, meal-planning and shopping, I am left with about an hour of truly "free time". And this is with the help of an amazing nanny and my mom. My free time is frequently spent running or at the gym, volunteering for A's school, or maybe grabbing tea with a friend. I will add blogging (reading AND writing) to that list again!

2. PICTURES. Okay, I have tried to keep my kids faces off my blog. I have, so far, done a good job of it. However, I find that some of my very favorite blogs are the opposite of anonymous. We are invited into someone's life, see what their days are like, and reflect with them on what it all means. It is hard, but not impossible, of course, to do this without photographs, but I find myself wanting to share more. I have almost blogged a thousand moments, but felt without a picture of what the kids all look like covered in ice cream from their first sundae, or a video of A pushing her brother in his red toy car, something would be lacking. I am hoping that this will help me document those small moments, and take more pictures!

3. QUANTITY. I have so much to say, and so little time to do it. This space will be for those moments in life that make us laugh, give pause, or connect with others in our amazing world. I want the kids to feel that we are all honoring that first soccer practice or scraped knee, taking time to say that despite the fact that I have four kids, each child's experience is important. Brevity but frequency may be the key to my blogging success.

What are your Blogging Roadblocks? How do you get around (or over!) them?

Let's start the photo-fun now...

Cheeks, O-Bear, Ace
October 2010, 2 weeks old


O-Bear, Cheeks, Ace
April 2010, 6 months old

Ace, O-Bear, Cheeks
October 2010, 12 months old

And my first born, my always-full-of-life daughter! I am in a bit of denial that she is almost five and off to kindergarten next year. WHAT?

I have some very cutie-pants pictures that are recent, but I need my techie husband to help me figure out how to connect to our AppleTV which has a Dropbox folder on it, containing the aforementioned cutie-pants pictures, from which I have somehow been denied access. (I only pretend to know what I am doing, technologically speaking.)

I do suppose that this might serve as a teaser for some of you to come back and check in with us? Recent pictures, and a video or two of the chaos that is our daily life are assured in the next post! If you are here, and reading, leave me a comment, so I can build up my Google Reader again. I would love to catch up with you and yours!




29 comments:

  1. woohoo; you're back! Such adorable photos. Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Carrie! I've missed you. So good to hear from you.

    Somehow even though I know our kids are almost the same age, since I haven't seen a photo of your boys in so long, they were sort of frozen in time. Holy cow you have three toddlers!

    I think perfectionism and long-windedness are my roadblocks (in blogging and in life). Brevity but frequency is definitely a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Carrie! I've missed you. So good to hear from you.

    Somehow even though I know our kids are almost the same age, since I haven't seen a photo of your boys in so long, they were sort of frozen in time. Holy cow you have three toddlers!

    I think perfectionism and long-windedness are my roadblocks (in blogging and in life). Brevity but frequency is definitely a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see a post from you again! Welcome back from me too! :) Your kids have grown so much and they are all adorable. Love the incremental pics.

    I have no advice because I'm a horrible blogger but I also get stuck on perfectionism. It takes me a long time to write a post and most of the time I avoid it because I know it will take so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're back, Carrie! So excited to hear about you and how you're doing. I'm a horrible blogger but I think that is due to my own perceived thought of how bad I write. My husband corrects me a lot and I know that I am horrible putting words together. Sometimes I'm afraid how it will sound or afraid that I'm telling too much or not enough. I like to do it and usually feel a "feeling" where I know I need to blog about a certain thing and then it goes well. Don't know how to explain that, I just know it needs to be written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I was so glad to see a post from you in my reader! I started following you about halfway through your pregnancy with the boys and missed reading about them and how they were doing when you disappeared! So glad to see you back!
    http://bandrplus1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay.. Glad you are back !!! Your babies are all grown up!! And so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!!! Love those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Where you just waiting for my email? LOL - just kidding! Welcome back... so glad to hear from you! Love the pics!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see you back!! Love the pics, and looking forward to any little glimpse into your life that you're able to provide! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back!! Love the pics!!! And I agree, it is SO hard to find the time to blog with little ones! And it gets worse once they are mobile???!!! Don't tell me that! My girlies are 6 months old and not mobile and I feel like I have ZERO time to accomplish anything as is. How can I possibly have any less?!
    Regardless, I'm excited to read your updates! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO weird that you posted today because I was JUST thinking a few hours ago that I wondered what was going on with you! Glad to see you are back. Your children are UH-DORABLE. Your little girl is precious, I LOVE her blonde hair. The Trips are precious too. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to read an update!!!! The pics are great! Your kids are BEAUTIFUl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you again, and love the pics!
    I only seem to blog when something pressing comes up or something new happens with K - I pretty much use the blog as her baby book now, just tracking what she's doing. I go to work, I come home and play with her, and then try to get some sleep at night. I don't really have great earth-shattering thoughts, so I think I'd probably bore people if I posted more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carrie! So good to hear from you again. Your children are beautiful and amazing. Love the pictures!!! I have been a bad blogger too (though not as bad as you-ha!) can't wait to hear more from you soon .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I periodically have checked to see if you were back blogging. I started. Check out our trio at sapplings3.blogspot.com --- Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Long-time lurker very happy to see you back. And I must say that your kids are gorgeous. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear from you gain, and the pics are adorable! My blogging roadblocks are similar to yours, and I like the idea of frequent brief posts. Another roadblock is that I feel like I need to comment on the blogs of my commenters and I don't always have time to go do that. So I don't post out of guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to see an update, and to know you are all doing well!!!

    All four of them are stunning - and look at those little blondies! Gah! the cuteness!

    Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're back! and with PICTURES! You are totally forgiven now that you've shared that cuteness. ;-) Well, you would have been anyway.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay, Yay, YAY!

    Good to "see" you, again! Since the arrival of my twins 9 months ago, I've thought of you often...even tried to hunt down an email address for you, but no luck!

    Your little ones are ADORABLE! Looking forward to hearing about you and them much more.

    As for roadblocks, there is never enough time...and guilt, guilt that I can't ever complete anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just came across your blog! I have twins girls, and I'm in Seattle too :)
    Your boys are SO PRECIOUS!!!!!
    and that picture of your daughter...melted me.
    so sweet.
    nice to 'meet' you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad I didn't delete you from my reader! I started reading you before I found out I was having triplets myself and now my babies are 5.5 months old, and I've been dying for some insights from someone further ahead of the game than me! YEAH!!!

    Taking a deep breath...I used to blog nearly every day. Sometimes several times a day. Now it's maybe twice a month. It just keeps getting harder and harder to do, but man do I miss it. Definitely know where you are coming from.

    So glad you're back (even if it's sporadic, I'll take it!).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello - I just read most of your blog and felt compelled to write. I definitely haven't gone through all that you have, but have had my own struggles...3 false starts at IVF, waiting for cyst to resolve...retrieved 20 eggs, 11 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 transferred last Saturday and waiting for results this week. Blogging has been a great outlet for me. http://showusthebaby.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, what a lovely surprise that you're back! I have missed you and have felt pretty alone in this "raising triplet toddler" experience. It's beyond wonderful to see new photos of your gorgeous kids.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete