I would like to dedicate this post to Air Conditioning, without which I would not be able to function in the humid, 95 degree Seattle weather. Even with it I am still too hot and cannot sleep at night, but I am so thankful we have it at all.
Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programing.
I saw the boys today, and they look great! Still no signs of TTTS, and my cervix is... wait for it... still over 3.5! This is wonderful news. Dr. P has returned from abroad, and she had no idea I'd be waiting with an itemized list of questions for her. That'll teach her to take a family vacation! (I am really kidding and eternally grateful to her for all her excellent care). Here are some of the highlights:
- I got in trouble for losing a pound. Must drink more protein shakes.
- She is thrilled with my "competent" cervix and said it is doing a nice job... let's hope it continues to do so!
- She said, in a triplet pregnancy at 21 weeks, this is the best case scenario. My bed rest and meds are controlling the contractions and she said I could stay like this (modified bed rest) until the end as long as all continues the same.
- She told me that we need to pick a day for my C-section. I almost fainted! Is this really happening? She said to choose a day the week of Halloween and we will make it our goal. I keep thinking of how our daughter could visit me in her costume and then go trick-or-treating with Daddy. Makes me smile from ear to ear. If I go into labor before then and we cannot stop it, they will do an emergency C-section, but we will aim for our C-section date.
- I felt SO much movement out of B last night! It felt like he was kicking constantly for an hour and at one point, I felt his feet sticking out. At the appointment, we saw that he has flipped himself completely back to head down position. That takes some effort given the space considerations.
Everything (aside from the enormous growth every day) has stayed the same which is JUST how we want it. I am feeling more hopeful, hoping my boys make it, hoping they will come home with me in a few short months.
Me and the boys at 21 weeks:
In this picture, it looks like A (on the right) is whispering to B, or maybe giving him a little kiss. Regardless, this picture makes me smile- to see them snuggling together is hopefully, a glimpse of what is to come.
Here is Little C, oblivious to A and B's shenanigans. Could his nose BE any cuter?