Sunday, June 21, 2009

16 Weeks (!) Belly

Wow, have I grown! My entire family and my friends are sort of shocked each time they see me. I feel like I am growing inches every day! Someone recently said, "This is starting to seem like a horror movie" (in a nice way) and I do feel like my abdomen is on the fast track with three in there!



The stretching thing has been much better this week. I attribute it to having wonderful family around to help with A so I could lay and nap, and drinking obscene amounts of liquid every day. That nurse was right about the irritable uterus!

Long ultrasound day tomorrow! Have I mentioned how much I love going to my MFM every week? Well, I LOVE IT! I cannot wait to see them again, and feel reassured that the cervix is holding strong and the twins are sharing their placenta well.

Happy Father's Day to my most amazing husband. The way he speaks to our daughter with such kindness and love and the enthusiasm with which he discovers the world with her are more than I hoped for. For all the hand-holding during pregnancy loss, the injections, the appointments, the many times he has answered the question, "Do you think the babies are going to make it?", and his unfailing belief that all will be okay, I thank him for being an amazing father to these boys before they are born.

Pictures and updates tomorrow. Off to watch "True Blood"-- the only show for which I could stay awake.

11 comments:

  1. What a cute belly shot! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute belly! I think you look really good for 16 weeks with triplets. I can't wait to hear about your appt.

    I'm glad you are getting some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful;) I can't wait to hear about the appointment!! Glad you have a wonderful family to make life a little easier. ((HUGSS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking fabulous! Hope all goes well at your appointment and that you get some great new pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT!! What a nice tribute to your hubby.

    Hope to see some more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute belly! I'm wondering how "this is starting to seem like a horror movie" can be said in a nice way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsers-your belly is growing so quickly - so cute! Hope the appointment went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute belly pic! Love it! You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute belly shot! :)
    Enjoy watching the little ones tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're looking great Carrie!!! I hope today's ultrasound went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing these weekly pics!

    Looking good, so cute.

    ReplyDelete