GAWD! You really can't keep my ovaries down. Five days ago it was 58.6, so our decline is a slow one, but they "really like" to see it under 50. This is not making me happy. I will now have suppression check number 4 a week from today with The Man to tell me if we can start stims.
I enjoy asking "what if" questions whenever possible to anyone with any medical expertise. So I asked Nurse C:
1. Q: What if it stays at 56? A: You can start as long as the ovaries are quiet.
2. Q: What if it goes up? A: It almost never does. But you never know.
3. Q: Do you think I'll get to start on time? A: I think so, but we'll see.
So basically, no new information... and more waiting. I am sure my husband thinks I am a crazy Infertile since I am not happy about this news, but I just want someone to say, "Ok! You can start!" and not have to come back for another scan, or blood test.
What do you think? Am I too programmed with bad news, miscarriages and delays to be happy when the news is good? Are you cautiously optimistic?
Daily bits from life parenting triplet toddler boys and our girly kindergartener. Our days never lacking in excitement- Take a peek inside!
Showing posts with label cyst. Show all posts
Showing posts with label cyst. Show all posts
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
2hw
No, I didn't mistype. That is the 2 HOUR wait...
I had my ultrasound this morning, and it was hard to tell if the cyst was much smaller. It looks like it might be collapsing, which would be great, and my lining is "nice and thin". The Man (my doctor in charge) said we could start to get excited about starting stims on the 6th of March as long as my E2 blood work is less than 50.
I usually get the blood work calls around 2 or so, so here I am, freaking out in the 2hw, and begging the universe that my cycle won't be delayed YET again.
I also cheated and looked up due dates for a March 17th retrieval:
Singleton: December 7th
Twins: November 15th
Why, oh why do I torture myself so?
I had my ultrasound this morning, and it was hard to tell if the cyst was much smaller. It looks like it might be collapsing, which would be great, and my lining is "nice and thin". The Man (my doctor in charge) said we could start to get excited about starting stims on the 6th of March as long as my E2 blood work is less than 50.
I usually get the blood work calls around 2 or so, so here I am, freaking out in the 2hw, and begging the universe that my cycle won't be delayed YET again.
I also cheated and looked up due dates for a March 17th retrieval:
Singleton: December 7th
Twins: November 15th
Why, oh why do I torture myself so?
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Another visit from Wanda
Tomorrow I get the pleasure of a vaginal ultrasound (which my friend calls "Wanda"). Because really, it wouldn't be a real week unless at least one person looked at my ovaries with a condom-covered camera, right?
It is a check to see if the dreaded cyst has continued to shrink and if my Estradiol (E2) is down again. My last cycle was postponed because of the monster cyst driving my E2 up, then finally canceled when the cyst GREW. Not only did it grow, but my E2 was over 600 and they wanted it below 50. Slight problem. At last check, after being off of Lupron for 10 days, it was down to 58. WOOT!
A person's E2 should go down on birth control and then Lupron, but apparently, my body is not a fan of Lupron. After the cancellation, I insisted that we switch me to an Antagonist protocol. I had read (I have a degree in Googling) that some people don't ever have a cyst until they start on Loopy Lupron. That is me! I read on the Wayward Stork that Lisa had had similar problems and had success with a new protocol, so I did some research and was changed over.
So if all is well tomorrow and then a week later at the suppression check (read: payment due) then I should be able to start stims, Follistim and Menopur on the 6th of March. I am nervous that tomorrow they will find a new cyst, or maybe the old one will have divided and multiplied! Since I have already been canceled once and delayed in order to have my tubal surgery, I am hoping that we will finally get our chance.
Jen at Maybe if You Just Relax likes to put her thoughts to lyrics, and lately, I have been too. Here is my song for the day:
Cyst, cyst go away.
Come again some other day (but not for a few years.)
It is a check to see if the dreaded cyst has continued to shrink and if my Estradiol (E2) is down again. My last cycle was postponed because of the monster cyst driving my E2 up, then finally canceled when the cyst GREW. Not only did it grow, but my E2 was over 600 and they wanted it below 50. Slight problem. At last check, after being off of Lupron for 10 days, it was down to 58. WOOT!
A person's E2 should go down on birth control and then Lupron, but apparently, my body is not a fan of Lupron. After the cancellation, I insisted that we switch me to an Antagonist protocol. I had read (I have a degree in Googling) that some people don't ever have a cyst until they start on Loopy Lupron. That is me! I read on the Wayward Stork that Lisa had had similar problems and had success with a new protocol, so I did some research and was changed over.
So if all is well tomorrow and then a week later at the suppression check (read: payment due) then I should be able to start stims, Follistim and Menopur on the 6th of March. I am nervous that tomorrow they will find a new cyst, or maybe the old one will have divided and multiplied! Since I have already been canceled once and delayed in order to have my tubal surgery, I am hoping that we will finally get our chance.
Jen at Maybe if You Just Relax likes to put her thoughts to lyrics, and lately, I have been too. Here is my song for the day:
Cyst, cyst go away.
Come again some other day (but not for a few years.)
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)