Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Great Appointment, Happy Pregnant Lady

Yesterday's appointment was wonderful! My mom also got to go with me and see her grandchildren. They never did locate the source of the obnoxious and minor spotting, but Dr. P said, "I don't get gray hairs over brown spotting." Words to live by, Ladies!

The ultrasound went really well. I thought it was a long one (45 minutes) but they said it was a short one, and in two weeks I'd have a long one. They are so very thorough there, and I feel in excellent care. Next appointment they will measure the babies' exact sizes, look at their organs, try to determine gender and do the Doppler studies again.

Some take-away's:

- Cervix grew to at 4 cm. Dr. P said it would as the bottom of the uterus developed.

- No signs of TTTS! They did a very LONG Doppler flow study on the twins' cords, insertion to the placenta, brain and stomach. Size of babies and fluid levels are equal, and both babies have similar activity levels. WOOT WOOT!

- My weight gain is good: 11 lbs at 14 weeks! They really want me to have gained 25 or so by 20 weeks, but I am not sure I will make it. Considering I gained less than 20 the whole time with my daughter, this is good.

- The sonographer is quite sure that the identical pair are BOYS (a change from before) but we couldn't tell what Baby C was as he/she kept snuggled tight in a ball. A and B are always rocking out in their respective sacs and C is generally sleeping.

- I asked about the average time for bed rest in triplet pregnancies, and they said usually people are on at some form by 22 weeks, and definitely in the weeks after. 22 weeks for me will be the beginning of August, so we shall see how my body is doing then. I certainly am more tired, rather than less, as the weeks progress... but my body is BUSY.

I only got one good picture since they were mostly focusing on Doppler studies, but I will post it later. A darling little hand waving at me. :)

15 comments:

  1. So very happy for you and the babies! You'll be an awesome mama to them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo exciting! I love hearing this awesome news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a great appt! Love your docs words of wisdom about the spotting. You are doing great Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that the doc was able to set you at ease about the spotting! Sounds like a great appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea - Yea, yea, yea!! Such great news, and thank you for sharing it with us! I hope you mind and heart are more at ease. Great job on the weight gain - it is hard work, especially with all those hormones! Hugs to you and the little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, Carrie! I can't wait to see the pics. You are doing a great job growing those babies. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a great visit. Grow babies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Carrie, this is SUCH great news. :) I'm going to flip if you end up pregnant with three boys!!! They'll have some little friends watching out for them from the other side, that's for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad everything is still going well, can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that things went well!! Crazy about the gender flip-flop....way to keep things interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally hoping for BBBs!

    I'm so glad things are going well.

    Hooray for no signs of TTTS. Let's keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news!!! Soo exciting;) I hope you don't have to go on bedrest that early...but anything for healthy babies;) Can't wait to see some pics!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carrie, so I'm newly pregnant with twins and also in the Great Pacific Northwest. I was wondering who your OB is, we're currently looking for one and maybe she/he is taking new patients. Can you let me know.. valeriebenedict@gmail.com

    I am also so happy for your good news. I certainly hope you have at least one girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo-hoo for a great appointment full of lots of positive things!

    You're doing great, Momma!

    And thank you for your wonderfully positive comments on my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete