Saturday, June 6, 2009

'Twas the Night Before the Second Trimester

...and over on the couch lay Carrie, she was starting to slouch.

We have almost made it to the second trimester, which begins at the stroke of midnight (I will probably be up to pee around then...) a feat I was unable to accomplish in any of my three most recent pregnancies. WOO HOO! We are celebrating over here with a protein shake, old episodes of "True Blood" and hopefully, a foot rub. I am so very grateful to be in the lower-risk time of pregnancy, and while I acknowledge the risk of preterm labor/birth with multiples, I am so happy we have made it this far! It has been a long, tiring, nerve-wracking first trimester, and I expect the same from the second. Nonetheless, it feels great to be moving into a new stage of pregnancy! I hope that we are as blessed in the next 14 weeks as we've been in the first. Each comment and cheer from you all have been such an important web of support for me. Thank you. And please don't go anywhere.

The. belly. is. huge. I truly cannot believe the growth spurt the babies and my uterus have had in the last few days. Everyone who sees me is sort of in awe at how quickly I have grown. I had to take off some usually comfortable maternity jeans today because they were too tight in the lower pelvis. The babies must be really growing in there! I haven't seen them in a couple weeks but I get to see them on Monday. Dr. P will be checking, as always, to ensure my cervix is remaining long, that the babies are not developing twin to twin transfusion and that everyone is growing appropriately. Hopefully, we'll get another opinion on gender, too.

Belly picture to come tomorrow, Monday I will have ultrasound pictures, too. This is how big the babies are now. 3 1/2 inches, crown to rump and 1 1/2 ounces at 14 weeks. You know what they say; "When life gives you three lemons..."



Bon Voyage, First Trimester! While I did not enjoy the nausea, smell-sensitivity and utter exhaustion, I certainly do appreciate all the organ-forming and healthy baby growing. Here's to two more great trimesters!

15 comments:

  1. Jumping up and down over here! YEAH BABIES! YEAH MOMMA! Way to go all of you. What a *huge* milestone (pun intended, hehe). So happy for you.

    Also happy that my stalking paid off and I am the first to say CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY! (One for you and each baby.) Can't wait to see the ultrasound pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll toast to 2 more uneventful trimesters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and hope all continues to go well for you. You sure deserve a turn of good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hoping for uneventful trimesters to come! Im excited to hear gender opinions and see baby bump and u/s pics !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Can't wait to see the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo-hoo! Well done, Carrie and the adorable trio on reaching this significant milestone. I'm raising my glass of milk to the four of you!

    I'm very excited to see your next belly pic, and u/s pics. May all go well at your peri appointment tomorrow. You are constantly in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whooo hooo! How exciting!

    BTW - I love True Blood. I can't wait until it comes on again for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYYYYYYY. That's WONDERFUL...time seems to be flying by;) I can't wait to see the pics of you and the babies!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hear hear! Can't wait to see your ultrasound and belly pics! (I was going to link to a picture of me at 15 weeks pregnant with the boys, but I just looked it and I'm way too huge. No need to frighten you at this stage in the game.) ;) So glad you've come this far and many many hopeful thoughts for a continued uneventful pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the milestone! Hooray for uneventful.

    I've been following the fruit comparisons every week throughout my pregnancy, but it really hit me today when I held an avocado up to my belly and imagined two avocado-sized babies in there. And they're just going to keep getting bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you are starting 2nd tri!!!!
    Woo-hoo! Congrats - what a huge milestone for you and the babies. May it be uneventful and peaceful. Can't wait for the new pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the 2nd trimester. From my end, it seems to be flying by for you, but I'm sure it's crawling for you. Keep those pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray! What a great milestone. Here's to you and your three little lemons.

    ReplyDelete