Monday, March 9, 2009

Searching for Symptoms...

So today is Day 4 of stims and I am not feeling many side effects. I had a pretty bad headache yesterday, and am a teensy bit edgy, but other than that, I feel like a million bucks. This should be good news*, but being the overly analytical person I am, I can't help but wonder, (Carrie Bradshaw style): Why aren't I a raving, bloated hormonal mess?

I am going in for my first round of blood work and ultrasound tomorrow morning, and I am a little worried that my Follistim and Menopur are damaged goods and not stimulating the ovaries! I keep asking DH, "I did inject all of it, right?" The bruises on my stomach and empty vials should tell me, but really, I just need to be sure. I expected to be really bloated and hormonal now, and I am not.

I might have to kidnap a sonographer and get an ultrasound machine for my living room. Any voices of reason out there? Has anyone else had a similar situation while stimming?

*Lately, I seem to have a hard time believing good news until it is proven to me. Enter live-in ultrasound machine.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the perfect comment you left on my blog this weekend when I really needed a pick-me-up.

    Your above post about the live-in u/s machine made me chuckle. I'm sure the raving-lunatic-ness will kick in soon making the live-in Wanda obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any insight into symptoms during IVF stims since I'm just starting my first, but I did have some paranoid moments during one of my medicated IUIs. The cartridge of Follistim I had was only supposed to be 300U, but I ended up getting almost 500 or something out of it. I was completely paranoid that I was doing something wrong and even brought the pen in with me to the RE one day. But, my follicle was growing, so there was just a lot of extra medicine in it. But I know how you feel about the u/s machine - it would have been nice to have then, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie. I think everyone reacts differently. My Nurse C told me that if I didn't feel any side fx not to worry. Relax and enjoy!! After all you have been through the side fx are nothing to worry about ;-) Good luck and nice to 'meet you'. EB

    ReplyDelete