Saturday, March 28, 2009
Show and Tell: Blessings (child mentioned)
Inspired by this post over at IVF Girl, for Show and Tell, I'd like to count my blessings. Research tells us gratitude improves our health and state of mind, and since I do my fair share of whining, it is time for some stock-taking of blessings.
1. My daughter, A. Her giant spirit in her almost three year-old body inspires so much joy in so many. She is kind, bright and truly loving of others. I want a sibling for her so deeply, but will always be eternally grateful to carried and raised her. The way she smells, smiles, laughs.
2. My husband, who is so understanding and supportive of the girls in his life. We lean on him so much!
3. My moms. I am so lucky to have the most kind and compassionate mother, and my husband's mom is AWESOME. She flies up here from many states away to help at the drop of a hat.
4. I am pregnant. As I've been laid up with nasty OHSS, I am increasingly worried about the pregnancy after our miscarriages. I am scared the beta won't double, the baby won't be healthy, but am clinging to hope, and taking so much strength from the optimism of all you wonderful bloggy girls.
5. The Internet and my DVR during the bed-resting stint. Blogs and Grey's Anatomy. What else do I need?
6. Stretchy pants. OHSS belly without stretchy pants would be a disaster. Worse, I'd be naked from the waist down.
7. Dill pickles. No, that isn't a pregnancy thing, I just love them. My daughter asks for them for breakfast.
8. My friends, IRL and here. I can't imagine how we'd have gone through our miscarriages and treatments (and now, pregnancy worries) without the friends who comment, email, stop by with tulips and generally cheer us on. I am so blessed to have you.
9. Mel and the Stirrup Queens gang for allowing me to find a place here.
10. Another chance. Please grow baby. GROW.
I am overwhelmed by the comments and kind words left on my blog the last few days. You gals have no idea how much strength I draw from your words. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Go check out what the rest of the class is showing today!